contemporary stylish wedding cakes, not the dry-but-necessary documentation!) However this is worth a read and will explain the types of personal data I may collect about you when you interact with me. It also explains how I will store and handle that data and keep it safe.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact me on email@example.com or in writing to Lauren Smy at my registered office: 42 Buckingham Road, Epping, Essex CM16 5AG
What sort of personal data do I collect?
I only ever collect the data I need in order to consult with you about your cake design, organise for payment and delivery of your cake(s), to facilitate classes and workshops or to send out the optional newsletter that you may have subscribed to. It is made up of
some or all of the following:
• Partner’s name
• Email address
• Phone number
• Dietary requirements (for training events)
When do I collect your personal data, and why do I need it?
I collect personal data from a number of sources including:
• the website contact form,
• wedding exhibitions, and events,
• referrals from existing clients, other organisations and wedding planners
Your personal data is used to ensure the services I deliver are suitable and appropriate and any data collected is only used to administer and deliver those services.
• To respond to your queries.
• To propose, quote, design, deliver, invoice and get feedback on my wedding cake
• To process any orders that you make by using my website.
• To comply with my contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
• To comply with tax, legal or regulatory issues
If you have chosen to subscribe to my mailing list, then your information is used in order to send newsletters and other mail outs. Please note that you can unsubscribe from this list at any time.
How is your personal data protected?
All data obtained from you is stored within my laptop computer which is password protected and passwords are regularly updated.
How long will I keep your personal data?
Whenever I collect or process your personal data, I’ll only keep it for as long as I genuinely need it, or as long as is required for regulatory legislation reasons. At the end of that period, your data will either be deleted completely or made anonymous.
Who do I share your personal data with?
I may share your data in the following circumstances:
• to service providers and affiliates (e.g postal services, IT service administrators) who assist in the delivery of my products and services
• to third parties if I believe that disclosure is advisable or necessary to comply with the law, to enforce or apply my terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property or safety of myself and others.
I will never sell or rent your information to third parties.
Use of ‘cookies’
cookies if you prefer. Please be aware that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Third Party Links